Home > About

About

     Located on the ground level of Adele Lehman Hall, the Barnard College Archives was founded in 1963 as the permanent repository for the records of the College from the 1880’s to the present day. The Archives documents the history of the College from its founding in 1889, with the earliest records dating from 1883. The repository holds records of the Board of Trustees; administrative offices and departments; architectural drawings; audio and visual material; biographical files; publications and an assortment of ephemera, framed artwork and artifacts--ranging from caps and gowns to plaques and ceremonial trowels.